Settings change for iOS 15
We updated this page on 16 April 2022.
These are the steps needed to ensure that iOS 15 works smoothly with RealBridge.
This is a short summary for advanced iPad users. If you would prefer a step-by-step guide, with a picture of what you would see at each stage, please see iOS 15 settings changes - step-by-step
- In Settings, General, About, check your iOS version.
- If you have iOS 14.8, you do not need to do anything.
- If you have any iOS 15 version (that is, 15.0, 15.1, 15.2, 15.3, 15.4, 15.5 or 15.6), you should make the settings changes below.
- In Settings, Safari, Advanced, go to Experimental Features.
Turn off these settings:
- WebRTC Platform Codecs in GPU Process (If you have iOS 15.4, 15.5 or 15.6, you will not have this setting - that is OK. Just turn off the three settings below.)
- WebRTC Platform TCP Sockets
- WebRTC Platform UDP Sockets
- WebRTC Sockets Proxying
- In Settings, Safari, Advanced, go to Website Data.
- Use the search box to find an entry for "realbridge.online". (If you can't find an entry for "realbridge.online", that is OK - you can skip this part.)
- Slide the text "realbridge.online" to the left, to delete the cached data for realbridge.online. The entry for realbridge.online will disappear.
- Then click Cancel to clear the search box.
- After you have made these changes:
- We strongly recommend that you use Safari for playing RealBridge on an iPad. (Chome on iOS 15 does not work well with the technology that we use for audio/video.)
- If you do want to use Chrome, go into Chrome and clear the cache – Click the three dots, select Settings, then Privacy, then Clear Browsing Data, set Time range to "All time", make sure only Cached Images and Files is ticked, and then click Clear Browsing Data.
- If you want to use another browser like Firefox or Edge, clear the cache in a similar way.
- If you later install a newer version of iOS, you may find that you have to follow this procedure again.
- If you have an iPad Pro, and you find that the volume is too low when playing RealBridge: when you are at a table, go into the RealBridge settings, tick the box for iPad Volume Boost, and adjust the slider. Use this cautiously; if you set it too high you will get distortion (or possibly lose the sound entirely).