RealBridge For Teachers
RealBridge is an excellent platform for hosting supervised play sessions and introductory duplicates for novice players.
- Engage your students with a fun, sociable experience
- Unlimited number of teachers and supervisors
- Supervisors can visit tables with full audio-video interaction
- Load prepared deals from PBN files
- Talk privately to 1, 2, 3 via audio-video
- Put table notices at the start of the round, and between rounds, to emphasise key teaching points
- Theatre-style video broadcast to multiple tables
See Club Owner/TD/Teacher training for the latest training sessions.
We have chosen a simple, easy-to-understand pricing model. We charge a fixed amount per player, regardless of the amount of money collected by the organiser in entry or table fees. That is, you pay us for a service, rather than participating in a shared-revenue model.
We understand that every event organiser wants to work in their own currency, with predictable costs. We are happy to quote in any major currency, and to maintain constant prices over a long period. Our prices in various currencies (excluding VAT or other local taxes), are:
up to 20 boards
in a single day
in a single day
For prices in other currencies, please contact us.
VAT and other taxes
VAT or other taxes may be added, depending on the laws of the country of the event-organiser, and the tax status of your organisation.
- For UK customers: RealBridge became registered for VAT in the UK on 1 April 2021. Sessions played from 1 April 2021 onwards will incur UK VAT. VAT will be added to our invoices, starting with the invoices that are issued in early May.
- For EU customers: EU VAT became payable from 1 January 2021. RealBridge has contacted all existing EU customers to explain how this affects them. In summary:
- If you are VAT-registered: We do not have to add VAT to your invoices. You will account for the VAT due with your own tax authorities. The amount that you pay us will not change. We need to know your VAT number.
- If you are a commercial organisation but not VAT-registered: We do not have to add VAT to your invoices, but we require evidence that you are a commercial organisation.
- If you are a non-profit organisation: We are required by EU law to add VAT to your invoices, based on the VAT rate in your country.
For sessions that you used from 1 January to 31 March, RealBridge has paid the VAT that was due. The amount on your invoice included the VAT that was payable.
For sessions that you use from 1 April 2021 onwards, we will add the VAT to the amounts that we invoice you. The amounts on your invoices will increase by the VAT rate in your country.
- For customers in Norway: Norwegian VAT (MVA) is payable. RealBridge has contacted all existing customers in Norway to explain how this affects them. In summary:
- If you are a VAT-registered business: We do not have to add VAT to your invoices. You will account for the VAT due with your own tax authorities. The amount that you pay us will not change. We need to know your business identification number.
- If you are not a VAT-registered business: We are required by Norwegian law to add 25% VAT to your invoices,.
For sessions that you use up to 31 August 2021, RealBridge will pay the VAT that was due. The amount on your invoice includes the VAT that is payable.
For sessions that you use from 1 September 2021 onwards, we will add the VAT to the amounts that we invoice you. The amounts on your invoices will increase by the VAT rate of 25%.
- For other countries: UK VAT is not payable. Please contact RealBridge to discuss any relevant sales taxes in your location. If sales taxes become applicable in future, RealBridge will contact you to explain the situation.
For a multi-session event, you pay for the total boards each day, not separately for each session. For example
- 2 x 30 boards = 60 boards = GBP 0.70
- 3 x 10 boards = 30 boards = GBP 0.40
This applies only if:
- The sessions are all in the same calendar day
- All the sessions are for the same event. That is: the same set of contestants, with the scores being combined to produce a single ranking list.
Note that a qualifier followed by a final is billed as two separate events.
If you have a multi-session event that should be billed as a single event, please inform RealBridge, so that we can invoice you the correct amount.
For teams and pairs events, prices are per seat for each contestant. For example, in a teams-of-four event we would charge for four players, regardless of how many individuals were in the team.
If the movement involves a sitout, we charge for each contestant, but boards that they sit out do not count towards the boards per player. Examples:
- 7 pairs, 7 rounds of 3 boards, each pair has a sit-out: Charged as 14 players, all playing 18 boards.
- 9 pairs, 7 rounds of 3 boards, 7 pairs have a sit-out: Charged as 4 players playing 21 boards and 14 players playing 18 boards.
If a board is skipped, that does count towards the boards per player.
For at-the-table teaching and supervised practice the price is per person. There is no extra cost for using the Director Broadcast feature, where you broadcast video from the lobby to all tables. When we introduce theatre-style teaching, with one teacher broadcasting to many students, the cost will be slightly higher, because of the increased requirements for video-broadcast infrastructure.
Deferred kibitzing and vugraph with video commentary is provided for selected events. There is no additional charge for this. When we introduce the option for videos of the players, there will be an extra charge, because of the infrastructure costs.
RealBridge invoices event organisers at the end of the calendar month. Payment terms are 14 days.
The event organiser collects entry fees or table money, outside RealBridge. Some clubs use an online payment system for this. There are many providers of online payment systems, and they charge as little as 1.4% in some countries, or even zero in other countries. Some charge a flat fee per month, and no percentage charge.