RealBridge For Clubs
Running club duplicates online with RealBridge is simple. Players are connected to each other automatically for each round, and all tables play the same deals at the same time.
Because everyone is connected by voice chat, players can alert and explain their partner's bids as if playing face-to-face at the club.
- Engage your members with a fun, sociable experience
- Easily configure sessions with streamlined controls
- Play with or without round timer
- Move with tables still in play - just like normal duplicate
- Variety of movements and forms of scoring
- Two-winner Pairs movements (Mitchell)
- One-winner Pairs movements (Switched Mitchell or Howell)
- Head-to-head Teams matches
- Round Robin Teams (with and without intermissions)
- Swiss Pairs
- Swiss Teams
- Matchpoints, IMP Pairs, IMPs, Board-A-Match
- Continuous and discrete VP scales (or no VPs)
- Compute EBU masterpoint awards
- Download results in USEBIO 1.2 XML format, compatible with
- No tables and chairs to pack away!
- Add late pairs or tables
- View table progress (board and trick number)
- View tables in table view or grid view
- Sort tables-view in a variety of ways
- Visit a table with full audio-video interaction
- Talk privately to 1, 2 or 3 players via audio-video
- Speak with players on just one side of the screen
- End boards early or skip boards completely
- Score adjustments
- Dynamic Neuberg adjustments for pairs events
- Easily switch from one format to another
- Play and direct at the same time
- Upload PBN files for simultaneous events
- Configure specialist events via uploading configuration files
- Put table notices at the start of the round, and between rounds, to advertise future events
- In pairs events, move players when more than half of the tables have finished playing
- Flexibility on timing of rounds; add and remove minutes
- See the total number of tricks possible in every contract
- Choose advanced options of: screens, partner-alerts/explanations or self-alerts/explanations
- Configure the system to have trick 1 delays (lead, 2nd seat, and 3rd seat)
- Receive warnings for unusual session settings
RealBridge movements are completely configurable. To set up a session, you select:
- Scoring method (matchpoints, IMP pairs or IMP teams)
- Movement type
- Number of boards per round
- Number of rounds
Available movements are:
Mitchell (2 winners)
Switched Mitchell (1 winner)
Howell (1 winner)
Round-robin multiple teams (With and without intermissions)
All RealBridge movements are played barometer-style, so that every table plays the same boards at the same time.
For teams events, RealBridge calculates cross-IMPs across the field in addition to match scores.
For the Switched Mitchell movement (Mitchell with arrow-switches), instead of arrow-switching all tables for a whole round, RealBridge instead arrow-switches individual table(s) each round. The number of arrow-switched tables per round depends on the total number of tables.
Note that currently multiple teams events with an odd number of teams require a sit-out, because they are played as barometer-style head-to-head matches.
The RealBridge team provides free training for directors and teachers, in English, Italian, Polish, Spanish (other languanges by arrangement, with the help of RealBridge's associates). There are standard and advanced courses. From time-to-time we run workshops and special courses for multi-session events.
See Club Owner/TD/Teacher training for the latest training sessions.
We have chosen a simple, easy-to-understand pricing model. We charge a fixed amount per player, regardless of the amount of money collected by the organiser in entry or table fees. That is, you pay us for a service, rather than participating in a shared-revenue model.
We understand that every event organiser wants to work in their own currency, with predictable costs. We are happy to quote in any major currency, and to maintain constant prices over a long period. Our prices in various currencies (excluding VAT or other local taxes), are:
up to 20 boards
in a single day
in a single day
For prices in other currencies, please contact us.
VAT and other taxes
VAT or other taxes may be added, depending on the laws of the country of the event-organiser, and the tax status of your organisation.
- For UK customers: RealBridge became registered for VAT in the UK on 1 April 2021. Sessions played from 1 April 2021 onwards will incur UK VAT. VAT will be added to our invoices, starting with the invoices that are issued in early May.
- For EU customers: EU VAT became payable from 1 January 2021. RealBridge has contacted all existing EU customers to explain how this affects them. In summary:
- If you are VAT-registered: We do not have to add VAT to your invoices. You will account for the VAT due with your own tax authorities. The amount that you pay us will not change. We need to know your VAT number.
- If you are a commercial organisation but not VAT-registered: We do not have to add VAT to your invoices, but we require evidence that you are a commercial organisation.
- If you are a non-profit organisation: We are required by EU law to add VAT to your invoices, based on the VAT rate in your country.
For sessions that you used from 1 January to 31 March, RealBridge has paid the VAT that was due. The amount on your invoice included the VAT that was payable.
For sessions that you use from 1 April 2021 onwards, we will add the VAT to the amounts that we invoice you. The amounts on your invoices will increase by the VAT rate in your country.
- For customers in Norway: Norwegian VAT (MVA) is payable. RealBridge has contacted all existing customers in Norway to explain how this affects them. In summary:
- If you are a VAT-registered business: We do not have to add VAT to your invoices. You will account for the VAT due with your own tax authorities. The amount that you pay us will not change. We need to know your business identification number.
- If you are not a VAT-registered business: We are required by Norwegian law to add 25% VAT to your invoices,.
For sessions that you use up to 31 August 2021, RealBridge will pay the VAT that was due. The amount on your invoice includes the VAT that is payable.
For sessions that you use from 1 September 2021 onwards, we will add the VAT to the amounts that we invoice you. The amounts on your invoices will increase by the VAT rate of 25%.
- For other countries: UK VAT is not payable. Please contact RealBridge to discuss any relevant sales taxes in your location. If sales taxes become applicable in future, RealBridge will contact you to explain the situation.
For a multi-session event, you pay for the total boards each day, not separately for each session. For example
- 2 x 30 boards = 60 boards = GBP 0.70
- 3 x 10 boards = 30 boards = GBP 0.40
This applies only if:
- The sessions are all in the same calendar day
- All the sessions are for the same event. That is: the same set of contestants, with the scores being combined to produce a single ranking list.
Note that a qualifier followed by a final is billed as two separate events.
If you have a multi-session event that should be billed as a single event, please inform RealBridge, so that we can invoice you the correct amount.
For teams and pairs events, prices are per seat for each contestant. For example, in a teams-of-four event we would charge for four players, regardless of how many individuals were in the team.
If the movement involves a sitout, we charge for each contestant, but boards that they sit out do not count towards the boards per player. Examples:
- 7 pairs, 7 rounds of 3 boards, each pair has a sit-out: Charged as 14 players, all playing 18 boards.
- 9 pairs, 7 rounds of 3 boards, 7 pairs have a sit-out: Charged as 4 players playing 21 boards and 14 players playing 18 boards.
If a board is skipped, that does count towards the boards per player.
For at-the-table teaching and supervised practice the price is per person. There is no extra cost for using the Director Broadcast feature, where you broadcast video from the lobby to all tables. When we introduce theatre-style teaching, with one teacher broadcasting to many students, the cost will be slightly higher, because of the increased requirements for video-broadcast infrastructure.
Deferred kibitzing and vugraph with video commentary is provided for selected events. There is no additional charge for this. When we introduce the option for videos of the players, there will be an extra charge, because of the infrastructure costs.
RealBridge invoices event organisers at the end of the calendar month. Payment terms are 14 days.
The event organiser collects entry fees or table money, outside RealBridge. Some clubs use an online payment system for this. There are many providers of online payment systems, and they charge as little as 1.4% in some countries, or even zero in other countries. Some charge a flat fee per month, and no percentage charge.
To ask about RealBridge games for your club, please email